9.08.2012

Last minute heat wave!

Everyone else in the blogging world is preparing for cooler temperatures, tights and the beautiful colours Autumn brings. I on the other hand am setting off for Uganda later this evening (in fact I'll be at the airport when this is scheduled to post!) two spend two weeks there and in South Sudan. It is crazy that it has come around so quickly! It seems only yesterday I was on the train finding out that I had been accepted for the trip. And to be fair, it was only 6 weeks ago so it has been kind of crazy!

I have managed to raise over £2000 to cover flights, injections, malaria tablets and all the craft supplies needed to make these gorgeous finger puppet sets with the young people in South Sudan!


So whilst everyone else is adding layers, my wardrobe consists solely of t shirts with high necklines and skirts to the knee or below to be respectful to the people of South Sudan. Here is a glimpse of some of my outfits.


You didn't honestly think I'd give up and look completely hideous for two weeks, did you? :P

Though with no mirror, no shower I doubt I will look my best! Luckily God doesn't care, looking not at my outward appearance but instead at my heart :P

It's going to be an awesome and hopefully life changing and inspirational two weeks and I will tell you all about it when I get back- hopefully free of cholera, yellow fever and the ebola virus!

Ta-ta for now,

Say x

ps. If you wanted to check out the organisation I am going with, the website can be found here :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited to hear about how God works through you on this trip! Those outfits are adorable!

Unknown said...

It's so crazy to think that while we are sitting at home or wherever, just doing our thing, you are going to South Sudan to make a real difference!!

I hope you have a fantastic time Say - that you learn loads, help others and have fun while you're at it! :) Rhi xx

The Wildest of Dreams

Katherine said...

that's really awesome - it's great that you are helping people like that and truly inspiring. and also great that you can look adorable and feel comfortable while doing it - i love that

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails