3.06.2012

Living the right life... for me.

      

Today I'm linking up with the wonderful Megan and Ashley for their series on living the right life, hence the above title :P

It really struck a chord with my life at the moment, as the situation I am facing currently means that I haven't really had time for doing what is right for me, and I have found myself focusing solely on others. Now, that makes me sound all good and selfless, and believe me I don't mean it in that way. I just haven't really been thinking about what I personally need, but rather focusing on everyone else. And now I am completely drained. Drained of energy and hope and direction. As one of my mentors said, if I continue this way I will fall to pieces.

I didn't want to be deep on my blog, I didn't want to bog you guys down with the mess that is my life right now, but I just thought it was a really important message.

Sometimes you can't do everything.
Sometimes you can't help everyone.
Sometimes people who you love don't and won't listen to you.
Sometimes you need to say enough is enough.
Sometimes you need some time for yourself.

Talking to my mentor, she asked me what I had done this weekend. Then she asked me what I wanted to do that weekend. My answers were very different.

I have just moved to the countryside, where deer come into our garden and our next door neighbours have chickens. All I wanted to do was go out with my camera and explore my new home. All I wanted to do was tramp through muddy fields in wellies with a big grin on my face.

But yet I didn't.

Sometimes I get caught up in what I should be doing and what will happen if I don't do what I am supposed to be doing. I get worried that I am not doing enough, that what I am doing is wrong and I hate that no matter how much I try and please everyone, I always fall short. In this case, stupidly, I have let my college work slide. And yes, my teachers understand why. But that doesn't make me feel any better.

I am completely worn through. So I think it's about time that I started listening to Megan and trade in the 'shoulds' for a few of my 'wants'. So if you need me, I'll be in a field with my camera.



Love,

Say :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW THOSE FEELINGS ALL TOO WELL. Hope my card encourages you my dear friend <3