6.12.2012

Grace's pick :)


Grace picked the inspiration today, this picture of Reese Witherspoon:


And this was my take on it :) I tried to pose with a bag, but I gave up on that after the first picture! I also thought about putting on shades to pretend that it was sunny over here, but I felt kind of silly standing in the drizzle (invisible in the photos- yay!) in my sunglasses!





These were all taken before I found out that I didn't get the amazing job that I had kind of put all of my energy into getting. After an insensitive phone call from the recruitment team, I ugly cried for a good couple of hours, both on my own and to my mother. It was kind of the good think in my life, so I was absolutely devastated not to get it. But I now know that I definitely don't want to go to University in September to study law. I was never completely convinced, and now I know that, at least for now, I am not going to go. I will go on a gap year and work out whether to go to University, perhaps to study English, or do something else.

The next year is going to be spent pretty much constantly in prayer, but I trust that God will use me to do something amazing. After all, I have always wanted to travel and go on a mission project to South America, so you never know... :)

Love,
Say x

8 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry about your disappointment. Give yourself time to mourn not getting the jog, but keep your head high- something better is coming!
On a positive note, your balance of loose top and patterned skirt is amazing. And your necklace collection is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry about your job, that's really too bad. Ditto to the comment above mine ^^ up there....give yourself some time to mourn, but don't worry.. the sun always comes out again and good things come along eventually!! :-) Keep your eyes on Jesus and everything will be okay! :-) Cute outfit BTW, I really adore that skirt!!!

Ana said...

Thank you for your sweet comment and I LOVE your interpretation! You are so super cute! Following your bog starting, now.

Unknown said...

Bummer about the job. You've got a great attitude about it, though, which I really admire. And you could have so much fun in the next year, exploring and growing and finding yourself! Good luck!

P.S. You are my hero for layering all those necklaces. I LOVE it.

Unknown said...

At least you looked awesome when you got the bad news!
Sorry that you didn't get the job, but I am happy you have some peace about what direction you should go in life! =)

Tiffany said...

Awww, I'm sorry you didn't get the job you wanted! I'm currently interviewing myself and waiting to hear if I get the teaching job I want... it's a tough place to be! But maybe it'll all work out for the best for you and you'll get to gon a mission trip. That would be amazing!

I love that polka dotted skirt! =)

Sweetened Style said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job! Something better is in store, I'm sure. :-)

I love your layered necklaces though! Finishes off the look quite nicely!

Erica said...

So sorry that you didn't get the job, but I know things will work out in the end.

And cute necklace(s?)! I like the statement layers!